Are you looking for the opportunity to rapidly learn and achieve the role of project architect?
Do you have the creativity, artistic eye, and the attention to detail to develop a vision and take ownership of bringing that vision to life? Can you work in a team through conceptual design, approvals, and construction management? Do you want to have a voice in your firm and be recognized for your achievement? If that speaks to you, this is where you belong.
Located on the New Hampshire Seacoast, our growth has created the need for an architectural designer with the ability to develop creative designs and work on a cross-functional team to bring a project through to completion. You will assist Project Architects and often be involved in multiple projects in a fast paced and fun environment.
The ideal candidate is interested in learning about all aspects of the architectural business. While having the architectural design “gift” and organizational skills are key, you will also be given ample opportunities to grow into this role and learn all aspects of building a successful firm, as well as our proven process for getting things approved and built as planned.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Listen fully to client goals.
- Support Project Architects with client project management from proposal to project completion
- Work in a collaborative manner to earn the respect and trust of teammates
- Assist in the presentation of plans to clients and regulatory boards to achieve approvals
- Collaborate with Engineers and other consultants when required
- Prepare project documentation, including construction documents, building programs and specifications.
- Be an additional face of the firm in the community and exhibit a personal presence
- Assist in the development of proposals and responses to RFQ/RFPs
- Manage project documents, filing and scheduling
- Assist in the selection and incorporation of interior design elements and features
Qualification and Skills
- A degree in Architecture and actively working towards future licensure
- A team player with strong Leadership, Delegation, and Interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated artistic talent and a creative design mindset
- Demonstrated experience in renderings and graphics – including Photoshop and other visualization tools.
- Competent with MS Office Suite, AutoCAD, SketchUp – knowledge of Revit is a plus.
- A passion for learning and a desire to contribute to the built environment
- Time management and organizational skills are mandatory
- An eagerness to get things done correctly in a timely and efficient manner
Benefit package, including healthcare, competitive salary, 401K eligibility, generous paid time off program, holiday time, licensing support, and continuing education reimbursement program.
CJ Architects https://cjarchitects.net/
Our AIA award-winning office is in the North End of Portsmouth, NH. One of the fastest growing, vibrant, and creative sections of town. Flooded with light, and near the harbor and restaurants, we love being in the middle of it all. As an intentionally compact firm of eight, we respect and value the individual, work as a team, support family life, and generate results.
How to Respond
Please send a cover letter and resume, along with a brief portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include as subject to your response: Architectural Designer: “Your Name”